Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Common menu bar links

Tips for companies: How do I find a potential research collaborator?

If your company is looking for a collaborator to help you with your research, whether in connection with a potential project for an Industrial R&D Fellowship (IRDF) holder, or otherwise, there are various ways to find the person you are looking for:

  • Use NSERC’s Awards Search Engine to find university researchers working in relevant areas of research. There is also a similar This link will take you to another Web site search tool on the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Web site. The grantee(s) involved in the project(s) may be interested in collaborating with your company.
  • Contact the Industry Liaison Office or Office of Research Services at local universities or universities that you know to be working in your field of research. These offices are often able to identify faculty members who can help you with your projects.
  • See Industry Canada’s Web site which provides links to This link will take you to another Web site Company Directories by Industrial Sector.
  • The National Research Council Canada This link will take you to another Web site Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) may be able to help you. In addition to the financial assistance programs for small and medium-sized businesses, IRAP has extensive networks to link entrepreneurs, people knowledgeable about local sources of financing, R&D institutions and technology brokers, and technology transfer centres.