Showcase your work and creativity to provide Canadians with a whole new perspective on science.
How Do I Enter?
- You can apply as an individual or as a group
- You must be a Canadian citizen or foreign student living in Canada
- Submit only one image to the contest
- Your image must be directly related to your research
- Provide a written description of your image
- Submit online by January 31, 2017
Images must be submitted with a three-part description:
Write a catchy title
- Make it memorable
- Describe your image
- Use 60 characters or less
"Rebuilding damaged bones"
Explain your research
- Use plain language, not jargon
- Appeal to Canadians with an interest in science
- Write for your neighbor, grand-parents, child
"These flower-like petals enable thousands of bone cells to replicate, while the bioglass particle gradually decomposes and provides these cells with the "food" needed to grow, including calcium and silicon"
Explain your technique
- What did you use to create the image?
- Did you change the image in any way?
- Did you clearly define the technical terms?
"We used single-photon emission computed tomography, and the image was colorized."